Products that Work
Fans Solve Many HVAC Problems for Schools
Sponsored content by AIRIUS AIR PEAR
The Airus Air Pear Thermal Equalizer, a destratification fan system, offers energy-saving, health and productivity benefits to schools, athletic facilities and other campus buildings.
Simple to install, Airius fans run quietly with minimal operating costs.
Destratifying, or equalizing, room temperatures from ceiling to floor reduces an HVAC system’s run time for energy saving up to 35 percent of normal costs.
Airius offers an in-ceiling kit for normal ceiling heights. Airius also has models servicing higher ceilings.
Airius fans benefit schools in many ways.
- Typically installed from the highest ceiling point to circulate the hot air found there, Airius fans also can be mounted horizontally to circulate air in or out of windows, improving room comfort.
- A PHI (photohydroinization) bulb can be added to eliminate molds, odors and bacteria, improving improve health conditions.
- Fans can remove the layer of chloramines just above a swimming pool’s surface, which often irritates swimmers.
- Airius’ turbine fans, unlike paddle or other HVLS (high volume, low speed) fans, are installed at the highest ceiling level, even in tight spots such as gymnasium rafters.
- Airius fans are freely suspended, allowing movement to deflect a moving object, such as a basketball, to avoid damage.
- Airius fans contribute to a building’s LEED rating points.
This article originally appeared in the January 2014 issue of School Planning & Management.