ASCD Offers Professional Development Resources to Support New Teachers
Alexandria, Va. — ASCD, a global community dedicated to excellence in learning, teaching, and leading, is pleased to offer a variety of professional development resources for new teachers entering the education profession this upcoming school year. Through ASCD resources, teachers will find support from leading experts and veteran educators who understand the challenges of the early years in the classroom.
“Becoming a teacher can be a rich and rewarding experience, but it can also be a challenging one,” said Judy Seltz, ASCD acting executive director. “That’s why ASCD is committed to providing teachers at every level with the tools, resources, and support they need to ensure their success for the upcoming school year and throughout their careers as educators.”
ASCD Book Bundles for Teachers
ASCD has compiled several book bundles specifically for teachers’ professional development. Each bundle is packed with sound advice, strategies, and solutions for teachers seeking to improve their practices.
- ASCD New Teacher Bundle—In this three-book bundle, each publication addresses common concerns and challenges teachers face during the early years of teaching ($63.88 for print; valued at $80). Read a sample from the books in the bundle:
Never Work Harder Than Your Students and Other Principles of Great Teaching, by Robyn R. Jackson
The New Teacher’s Companion: Practical Wisdom for Succeeding in the Classroom, by Gini Cunningham
Where Great Teaching Begins: Planning for Student Thinking and Learning, by Anne R. Reeves
- ASCD Teacher Resource Collection—This collection of 10 titles explores effective instructional practices, classroom management, and student engagement ($202.88 for print; valued at $270). Read a sample from the books in the bundle.
- ASCD Teacher Resource Library—This library of 17 titles covers foundational concepts in an accessible way and emphasizes strategies that teachers can use immediately ($299.77 for print; valued at $428). Read a sample from the books in the bundle.
Enhance Your Professional Career
- Join ASCD—ASCD membership offers more information and ideas about learning and teaching than any other single source. Multiple membership levels offer an increasing number of valuable benefits and resources, including substantial savings on ASCD publications.
- Pathfinder—This new ASCD membership benefit offers a variety of practical articles for educators at any career stage who want to expand or redefine their jobs.
Join ASCD’s Social Networks
- #ASCDL2L Twitter chat—ASCD (@ASCD) invites educators to participate in a monthly conversation about learning, teaching, and leading during the Tuesday night #ASCDL2L Twitter chat. Held on the first Tuesday of each month using #ASCDL2L, the chat allows participants to submit questions, share insights, and offer resources that help all educators support the success of each learner.
- Pinterest—ASCD has added a new pin board to the ASCD Pinterest page that is specifically for new teachers entering the education profession. The New Teacher Resource board features practical articles, publications, and other professional development resources that will enhance new teachers’ practices in the classroom.
- Instagram—Follow ASCD on Instagram and get a glimpse inside ASCD events, read inspiring quotes from ASCD experts, learn about ASCD publications, and interact with our community through inspiring pictures and videos.
In addition, teachers can connect with ASCD via other award-winning social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn. ASCD’s social media presence connects ASCD with educators and allows ASCD to share unique content that is dedicated to learning, teaching, and leading.
For more information about ASCD, visit www.ascd.org or read the 2013 Annual Report.