IPEMA Launches New Voice of Play Website and Brand Refresh
Harrisburg, Pa., — The International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA), the playground industry’s leading playground safety certification organization, announced today a new website for the Voice of Play, along with a refreshed brand identity. The Voice of Play is IPEMA’s long-standing education and advocacy initiative to promote the value and benefits of free, outdoor play.
Designed to better engage with key audiences such as parents, educators and community leaders, the site redesign promotes interactivity, as well as popular IPEMA and Voice of Play resource materials about play.
“At its heart, the Voice of Play is about educating the public on the value of free outdoor play, and we do this through relevant, useful resources for parents and playground owners / operators,” said Tom Norquist, Marketing Committee Chairman for the Voice of Play. “In addition, we’re extremely excited about the high level of social engagement we have with our target audiences, and we wanted to further promote and encourage that engagement through our blog, Twitter and Facebook feeds.”
The new site includes a cleaner, simplified look with fresh, engaging content designed to engage visitors. Features include:
- Vibrant, play-focused imagery from member companies
- Clean, simple design to highlight content and encourage interactivity
- Featured social media channels and downloadable resources, such as the Play Pledge, Checklist for Access and Surface Installation and Maintenance Guide
- A Voice of Play Board of Advisors call out page with “playful” photos of Ken Kutska, Teri Hendy, Joe Frost and Stuart Brown Strong, academia-based content about the benefits of play, playground safety and the science of play (including the Encyclopedia of Play Science and links to National Institute for Play)
- A newsroom to showcase the latest media activity
“We are confident that our new website and fresh content will not only drive new visitors to the site, but also help us continue to spread the word about the importance of play,” continued Norquist.
In alignment with the website update, IPEMA has refreshed the Voice of Play logo and color palette. Matching the website, the logo will include an updated, streamlined look and feel, but incorporates the familiar, light-hearted element that has been part of the initiative since its launch in 2006.
IPEMA will launch the new website and brand refresh at the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) Congress October 14 – 16 in Charlotte, N.C.