SIA Unveils Agenda for 2015 SIA Government Summit
Silver Spring, Md.—The Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced an exciting slate of speakers for the SIA Government Summit, to be held June 8-10, 2015, at the W Hotel in Washington, D.C.
The SIA Government Summit is where industry and government technology leaders meet, bringing together all facets of the security industry: executives, integrators, sales and marketing, and government relations professionals. Registration is now open at www.securityindustry.org/summit!
Confirmed keynotes to date include:
- Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., chair of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
- Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, chair of the House Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection and Security Technologies Subcommittee
- Sheriff Richard W. Stanek of Hennepin County, Minn. (Minneapolis), also former Minnesota Commissioner of Public Safety & Director of Homeland Security
- Don Salo, Director, Defense Forensics and Biometrics Agency, Department of Defense
Summit conference sessions include:
- Preconference: General Services Administration (GSA) Contracting and the Security Industry
This SIA industry day features GSA officials Chris Redmond (Chief, Schedule 84) and Kay Ely (Director, Schedule 70).
- Keeping Air Travelers Safe: Rapid Growth in Airport Security Improvements and Financing Needs
- The Convergence of Cyber and Physical Security: Implications for Federal Agencies
- Smart Buildings: Integrating Security, Safety and Automation Technology for Government Facilities
- Securing the Electric Grid: How Utilities Will Meet the New Federal Standard for Physical Security
- Safe Schools: How School Districts are Funding and Implementing Security Improvements
- Law Enforcement Technology Trends: Body Worn Cameras and Integrated Video for Public Safety
The full agenda is now online.
Special registration rates available! Qualified government personnel, and members of the press, can register for free. To register, visit http://www.securityindustry.org/summit. Reporters, contact Mickey McCarter, SIA communications manager, at 301-804-4704 or email@example.com to register.