Largest School Sustainability Conference in the U.S. Headed to Denver
Denver – The Green Schools Conference & Expo (GSCE), the nation’s premier event for the green schools movement, is coming to Denver May 3-4, with pre-conference workshops kicking off on May 2. GSCE is the only national event to bring together the players involved in making green schools a reality: the people who lead, operate, build and teach in U.S. schools.
This year, the event will be co-located with Rocky Mountain Green, the largest green building conference in the region. The event will take place at the Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center, located at 650 15th St., Denver, CO 80202.
The 2018 GSCE is all about how to inspire creativity and innovation amongst students by focusing on the future, and encouraging each to approach global challenges as stewards of the earth, its resources and its people. Educators will speak to the impacts of green schools on students and how sustainability efforts play an important part in equity and inclusion. Sessions will cover the latest trends and case studies in energy efficiency, facilities management, public health and sustainability education.
- Janine Benyus, world-renowned author, innovator, biologist and the foremost thought leader shaping the field of biomimicry, will take the Opening Plenary stage.
- Emily Pilloton, designer, builder and educator using architecture as a vehicle for social justice and community transformation, will take the Afternoon Plenary stage.
- The Closing Plenary panel will feature educators and administrators speaking to the role of environmental and sustainability literacy in enhancing school culture. The 2018 Best of Green Schools and Green Apple Day of Service Awards will also be presented.
- The Women in Green Power Breakfast will explore the ways women can lead with purpose to inspire and drive continued creativity and progress, featuring Ann Cooper of the Chef Ann Foundation, Jeannie Renne-Malone of Prologis, Casey Stock of DaVita, and Marcia Fulton of Compass Academy.
For more information and a full list of programming visit www.greenschoolsconference.org.
- Wednesday, May 2, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (pre-conference workshops)
- Thursday, May 3, 2018: 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (opening and afternoon keynotes and education sessions)
- Friday, May 4, 2018: 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. (education sessions and closing keynote)
Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center, 650 15th St., Denver, CO 80202