Kindergarten Experts Empower Teachers to Reach and Teach Every Kinder at SDE 2018 National Conference
Portsmouth, N.H. and Las Vegas – PRNewswire – Reaching and teaching kindergartners at every stage of development will be the focus of a dedicated strand of learning sessions at the SDE 2018 National Conference. The I Teach K! strand will deliver the classroom-tested strategies today's kindergarten teachers need to establish firm foundations, ignite learning with inquiry-based instruction, and manage their classrooms, time, and craft. The 2018 National Conference will take place July 9-13, 2018, in Las Vegas, NV.
"Kinders arrive in the classroom with a variety of diverse learning needs. I Teach K! delivers the strategies teachers need to effectively and confidently meet them all. With 100+ sessions dedicated to kindergarten, this is a four-day, total immersion in research-based learning with take-aways that can easily be applied the next day," Kymra Kurinskas, SDE program developer, says.
Attendees will hear and learn from 30+ kindergarten experts, authors, bloggers, and practitioners hand-picked for their knowledge and innovative approach to instruction. Featured presenters and their topic areas include:
- Kim Adsit (KinderGals) sets the stage for literacy intervention and classroom management success in sessions that include Don't Wait! Early Literacy Interventions for Kindergartners and Effective Classroom Management: Procedures & Routines to Simplify Your Life
- Deedee Wills (Mrs. Wills' Kindergarten) invites teachers to create effective Writers' Workshops and math stations in sessions that include Writers' Workshop: Shhh...Young Writers at Work! and Guiding Kinders Through Math Workshop.
- Adam Peterson (Teachers Learn Too) shares his winning classroom transformation and engagement strategies in What Happened to Our Classroom?! Creating Engaging Environments and Effective Classroom Management: Procedures & Routines to Simplify Your Life.
- Marsha McGuire (A Differentiated Kindergarten), a differentiated instruction and sight word expert, fills teachers' toolkits with fresh, new strategies in DI from Day One: Getting Started with Differentiating in Your Kindergarten Classroom and Math Stations Gone Differentiated
- Crystal Radke (Kreative in Life) delivers innovative phonemic awareness and STEM strategies in Hear It, Say It, Learn It: Phonemic Awareness and STEM Explorations for Your Young Engineers.
"Being a kindergarten teacher today is hard work. This event is the place for teachers to learn how to balance their time between addressing the needs of individual learners and juggling all the demands of their curriculum and standards," Kurinskas. "While each day brings new challenges, I Teach K! will show teachers how to uncover new opportunities each day to put the joy back in teaching and learning."
To register for the 2018 National Conference, visit www.SDE.com/national.